Monday, May 27, 2013

Drugstore Haul #1

Hello! I'm here today to show you what I got from the drugstore. I pretty much get most of my makeup from the drugstore and the only time I ever lean towards high end products is when I really cannot find a dupe of it at the drugstore.

So it's finally summer and I'm all about lightweight/natural makeup. I'm also into makeup that is waterproof and will last long on my face.

The first thing I picked up was the Revlon Photoready BB cream in Medium. This isn't my first time using this product. I really like this BB cream, and I think it's the best I've used from the drugstore EVER. That's a pretty large statement, but I mean it!


It has SPF 30 which is perfect for the summertime, and feels very lightweight on the skin. It provides great coverage for me, and will pretty much stay all day if you set it with a powder. Even if you don't set it with a powder, it will still look very nice and natural on your face and it will still last a decent amount of time. I say maybe about 8-10 hours? Depends on how often you touch your face. If you like Smashbox's BB creams, which is a high end brand and quite pricey product, then you'll like this. I consider the Revlon Photoready BB creams a pretty good dupe for Smashbox, just saying. :)

By the way, my skin type is combination average to oily. It doesn't get over the top oily, though. My face just ends up looking more "shiny" I guess. It's not really bad.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The next thing I picked up were some more Revlon Lip Butters! I know, I'm obsessed.

I bought 050 Berry Smoothie and 015 Tutti Frutti. That name still makes me laugh lol. You've probably heard a lot about these already so I'm not going to go to into it. I chose these two colors because they are just so gorgeous! Especially Tutti Frutti, this one will be used A LOT during the summer. 


Swatches L-R: Berry Smoothie, Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake

Okay, so I swatched the ones I got today and also the two other ones I already had just to show you all. As you can see, these are all quite sheer yet the color is really pretty and vibrant when you get the right amount. I know I'm not the first to say this but they are so creamy and feel so smooth on the lips! Not sticky at all so I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Next, I bought these Rimmel ScandalEyes waterproof cream stick eyeshadows. I got the shades 001 Witness White, 002 Bulletproof Beige, and 003 Bad Girl Bronze. All three have a shimmer to them, which I love.

These are so pigmented and creamy and they all do last a long time! Very waterproof indeed. I don't have much to say about because they are just that amazing. Easy to apply, higly pigmented, creamy, and long lasting. These are literally perfect for summer. If you don't already own these, go to your nearest drugstore right now and get them! :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I also got these Rimmel ScandalEyes waterproof soft kohl eye pencils. I picked up the colors 003 Brown and 005 Nude. Just like the cream eyeshadow, these are very smooth when they apply and I love them just as much. They are waterproof, and do not smudge easily.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Another thing I decided to get was the Rimmel Stay Matter pressed powder in 020 Nude Beige. I have owned this product before, and it is my favorite pressed powder ever. It does not make me look cakey and it looks natural, giving your face a nice matte finsih that doesn't look overdone or fake. I love it. I also have the shade called Sandstorm which I use in the winter when I'm not so dark. Hahaha ^_^"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Lastly, I picked up another ecotools brush. It's the flat eyeliner brush.


I am a big fan of Ecotools brushes because they are so soft and lightweight and adorable! I like how it is earth friendly and made out of bamboo and recycled materials. I just love these brushes so much. They are my favorite brand for brushes next to Sigma and Mac. These brushes are sturdy yet lightweight, and pretty awesome quality for something that isn't exactly considered high end. I recommend them!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Well that concludes my first drugstore haul. Thank you for reading, and I will be posting more! Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment