Sunday, May 19, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Eyeliner Pencil


Hi! I'm here right now to tell you all about my favorite drugstore eyeliner pencil.

Sometimes it's hard to find a good eyeliner from the drugstore that is pigmented, creamy and lasts long all at the same time. It took a while to find, but I think I've finally found the best one there is!

L-R: Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black, L'oreal Pencil Perfect Eyeliner in Ebony, Milani Liquid Eye Eyeliner in 01 Black

Okay, so first of all I'm going to describe the texture of each eyeliner. Revlon is a very true black, but it feels waxy when applied. It tends to latch onto my skin and it isn't as smooth as the others. Despite the waxy texture, this eyeliner stays on quite well, it will not smudge easily. I would recommend this eyeliner if you like smoky looks. This would work well for a smoky bottom eyeliner.

Next, L'oreal is very creamy and smooth when applied but it smudges more easily. It isn't as black as Revlon, and it appears a bit more grey. I would recommend this of you like applying eyeliner to the waterline. It works really well because like I said, it's smooth and applies easily.

Last but definitely not least, is Milani. It is my favorite one out of the three, and probably the best eyeliner I've ever used. It's like a combination of the Revlon and L'oreal. Smooth and creamy when you apply it, yet lasts for a long time. I use it all the time and it's good for the waterline and the bottom or top lashline. And even better, it feels like a liquid eyeliner when you apply it. It's seriously that smooth!

Here is a swatch of the three eyeliners after I ran my finger over it once:

As you can see, L'oreal almost completely smudged off. Revlon and Milani stayed put.

All three eyeliner are very good and have their own special uses, but if you want an all around eyeliner that you can grab and use whenever and however you'd like, I definitely recommend Milani!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment